Who Are We?
- We are Christians only, and members of the body of Christ. As a local congregation belonging to Christ, with elders (who are our pastors and overseers), deacons (who are servants of the church) and saints (members who live in holiness and serve God and one another), we seek to be all that God wants us to be in spirit and in truth.
- We are not a part of any man-made church or denomination, nor do we seek to be. Rather, we wear the name of Christ alone and give all the glory and honor to Him as Lord and Savior. The Lord Jesus Christ is our only Head; His Word our only authority. We seek the unity that God demands of His People, which is found only in the Lord.
- We do not claim to be infallible in our convictions. But our Lord and his Word are infallible, and He has given us the Way of Truth that leads to life. We only seek to conform to that way of righteousness in word and in deed.
- We purpose to hold to no human creeds or traditions in matters of authority. Rather, we have as our only authority the Word of Truth: The Bible – God’s Holy Word. In appealing only to Scripture, we fully strive to respect the Law of Christ – The New Testament. And, at the same time, we appreciate the invaluable place the Old Testament has in our lives. In all of this, we seek to handle the Word of God most carefully, giving a “thus saith the Lord” for all we practice and teach.
- You are invited to give careful consideration to all of these things and to continue to study with us. We hope to encourage and challenge you to a greater appreciation of the church – the people – belonging to Christ that you can read about in the Bible. Our aim is to speak only the Word of God and to be silent where God is silent. We ask you to compare what we say with what the Bible says. If it is the Truth, accept it. If it is error, reject it. May we all together come to a more perfect understanding of God’s Word and Will.